I dont think was bad, Stockton said. They were shooting 30-s

General forum topics and rules can be found here.

I dont think was bad, Stockton said. They were shooting 30-s

Postby t123 » 12 Jan 2018, 13:16

FLORHAM PARK, N. Cheap Dontae Johnson Jersey .J. -- The first rule of Jets training camp: No talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick.With players reporting Wednesday to the teams facility for physicals a day before the start of practices, this biggest topic of conversation was the guy who wasnt even there.No one knows if or when Fitzpatrick will re-sign with New York. But one thing was clear: Discussing the quarterbacks monthslong contract stalemate with the Jets was off limits.All questions about Ryan are for coach (Todd) Bowles, running back Matt Forte said. They told me to tell you all that. Everybody knows who `they are.The team has been locked in a staredown with Fitzpatrick and his representatives all winter, spring and, now, summer. Fitzpatrick set a franchise record with 31 touchdown passes last year while leading the Jets within a victory of a playoff spot. But he and the Jets have failed to come to an agreement on a deal that would satisfy both sides.So, for now, Geno Smith is the starter again -- just as he was a year ago, before a punch from a teammate broke his jaw during camp and pushed Fitzpatrick into the role he never relinquished even when Smith got healthy.Forte was one of five Jets players who spoke to the media on report day, along with center Nick Mangold, safety Marcus Gilchrist and linebackers David Harris and Erin Henderson. Each of them sidestepped questions about Fitzpatrick, deferring to Bowles.The Jets coach was scheduled to speak to the media for the first time Thursday after the first training camp practice.I have talked to Fitz, said Mangold, one of the quarterbacks best friends on the team. Do I talk football or business? No, because I ask him how his kids are doing, hows your golf game, those type of things. As far as his mindset, I have no idea.When pressed about whether hes curious about whats going on, Mangold came up with an unusual comparison: those who go to smell the stench of the corpse flower at the New York Botanical Garden.Yes, really.Curiosity is going to get you over to that plant in the Bronx and smell that terrible smell, Mangold said. Yeah, the corpse flower. Curiosity is going to get you to smell something. Some people want to smell something bad. Some people want to find out different mindsets. I dont particularly care.Mangold reiterated that he has no control over the contract situation with Fitzpatrick and is focused now only on who is actually in camp.Hopefully, things get worked out, he said. If they dont, they dont. If they do, thats great. I have no control over it, so I dont particularly worry about it.If Fitzpatrick doesnt come back, then the job is all Smiths. Forte, who signed with New York in March as a free agent, was impressed by what he saw during the offseason.You could see his arm strength, his accuracy and his decision-making were pretty good, Forte said. There werent too many drills we were doing where there was pressure, but his timing and calling timeouts, he made good decisions on that. Going against our defense, which is no slack of a defense, it was good to see him do that and I was impressed by him.Several players, such as wide receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, made it clear early in the offseason that they would like to see Fitzpatrick return. That might have created a bit of an awkward situation for Smith, who has tried to approach the offseason as though hell be the starter in Week 1 against Cincinnati.Nobody knows except him, Harris said of Smith. But hes not going around throwing a pity party for himself. I know that.Fitzpatrick wasnt the only player not in attendance when the rest of the team arrived. Linebacker Darron Lee, the teams first-round draft pick, reached an agreement on a four-year deal worth $10.2 million with the Jets later Wednesday.Lee, who was with the team for offseason workouts and minicamp, is expected to have a big role immediately in Bowles defense as a hybrid linebacker who can play in different spots on the field because of his speed and athleticism.Hell be here in time, Harris said a few hours before Lee signed. I dont know when, but it happens all around the league. Its the business side of it and I respect it. Im pretty sure hell come here ready to go when he does get here. I know what type of player he is and I know hes going to be in his playbook the days hes not here, so Im not worried about that.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Ahkello Witherspoon Jersey . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Cheap Ronald Blair Jersey . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. http://www.cheap49ersjerseyselite.com/ . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers. BILOXI, Miss. -- Mississippi State earned its third win of the season, even if this one wont be remembered for its beauty.Victoria Vivians scored 17 points, Breanna Richardson added 11 and the 10th-ranked Bulldogs beat Tulane 66-49 on Wednesday night at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.Both teams struggled to score points early, but when the Bulldogs (3-0) began to find their shot in the second quarter, Tulane (1-1) stayed cold.The Green Wave went scoreless in the final 4:36 of the second quarter, which helped Mississippi State take a 36-16 advantage into halftime.Tulanes best chance at mounting an upset bridged the third and fourth quarters thanks to a 10-0 run. The rally was aided by consecutive 3-pointers from Leslie Vorpahl, bringing the Green Wave within 47-35. Mississippi State responded with its own small run, however, to squash the comeback attempt.Tulanes late run -- coupled with the Bulldogs shooting just 36.1 percent from the field -- frustrated MSU coach Vic Schaefer.I didnt think we had some kids who came out in the second half and were ready to play. I think if youre going to be who everybody says we are, if were going to be a top 10 team, then you come out and win (the second half) by 20 again, Schaefer said. You dont come out and stink it up and play dead even with them in the second half.Vorpahl carried the Green Wave. The senior guard scored 20 points on 9 of 11 shooting from the floor.She came in and really competed and did a good job of running the team and also looking for her shot, Tulane coach Lisa Stockton said.Harlyn Wyatt added 10 points for Tulane.Mississippi Sttate has won four straight over the Green Wave. Cheap San Francisco 49ers Jerseys. OME SWEET HOMEMississippi State freshman Ameshya Williams and sophomore Jazzmun Holmes played in front of their hometown fans for the first time as college athletes. Both graduated from nearby high schools and saw time off the bench. Williams scored four points with three rebounds in the final five minutes of the game. Holmes finished with two rebounds, two assists and one steal in 14 minutes.STAT OF THE NIGHTMississippi State grabbed 24 offensive rebounds and finished with 26 second-chance points, dwarfing Tulanes seven second-chance points.Our defense, even in the first half, I dont think was bad, Stockton said. They were shooting 30-something percent, but it was the offensive rebounds that were keeping them in it.COOLING OFFMississippi State entered Wednesday nights game shooting 57.7 percent from 3-point range. The Wave held the Bulldogs to just 23.5 percent on 4 of 17 shooting.BIG PICTUREMississippi State: Fresh off of dominant wins against Villanova and Maine in their first two games of the season, the Bulldogs continued to show why theyre a top 10 team.Tulane: After a convincing showing in a 79-56 season-opening win against Grambling on Nov. 12, the Green Wave suffered their first setback of the season.UP NEXTMississippi State: The Bulldogs have a big test awaiting them at 5 p.m. Sunday when they host No. 8 Texas (1-1) in Starkville.Tulane: The Green Wave travel to face Southern Miss on Sunday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
t123
VIP

Return to General